About CCI Support
Welcome to the Complex Chronic Illness Support website. Our vision is to “Empower People Towards Wellness” and our purpose is to improve the quality of life of people who suffer from a complex chronic illness, as well as that of their loved ones.
With our support people with complex chronic illnesses can, in time, develop an increased ability to participate in family, social and community life, and lead a life that is fulfilling and meaningful for them.
We provide many resources to our members including our innovative award-winning “Towards Wellness” Programme. We work with our members, their families and their community providing practical tools and developing strategic plans on how to find their next steps towards wellness.
Illnesses We Support
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME)
Main symptoms include:
- Persistent and overwhelming fatigue
- Post-exertional malaise (PEM)
- Muscle and/or joint pains
- Cognitive dysfunction – impaired memory & concentration
- Sleep disturbance
- Digestive problems
- Sensitivities to light and sound
- Sore throat and/or enlarged lymph nodes
- Dysregulated temperature control – fever/chills
- POTS / Orthostatic intolerance – erratic heart rate, feeling faint or dizzy upon standing
- Anxiety and/or irritability
The points around the body are:
- Back of the head
- Area between the shoulders
- Front of the neck
- Top of the chest
- Outside of the elbows
- Top and sides of the hips
- Insides of the knees.
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
Main symptoms include:
- Lightheadedness and fainting
- Heart palpitations
- Exercise intolerance
- Diminished concentration
- Tremulousness (shaking)
- Coldness or pain in the extremities
- Chest pain and shortness of breath.
We have a long history in the Bay of Plenty. We are proud of the support we have provided over the years and look forward to what the future holds.
A Special Thank You to the Legacy Of Nicola Evans
Nicola battled bravely with ME throughout the later years of her life and was cruelly taken by cancer at only 53 years of age. Prints of her paintings are available for sale via her website by clicking here, with all proceeds going to Complex Chronic Illness Support. This is Nicola’s legacy to us all.
Learn more about Nicola and her works
If you’d like to learn more about any of our services, or get involved, we’d love to hear from you.