Towards Wellness Programme
To learn foundation principles to assist participants to navigate the ME/CFS/FM journey and create an individual road-map to support increasing health and wellness.
Endorsed by NZ’s leading authority on CFS/ME in NZ, Doctor Ros Vallings.
Two hours fortnightly (in total 10 workshops) based at the premises of Complex Chronic Illness Support, with a follow-on 5 workshops to reinforce key learnings and equip participants with the skills to run their own group independently moving forward.
- Charlotte Kelp (Health & Wellness Facilitator)
- Tabitha Ramsay (Health & Wellness Facilitator)
- Tracey Larsen (Health & Wellness Facilitator)
- Karen Maxwell (Wellness Facilitator)
- Nutritional Coach
- General Practitioner
Towards Wellness - Series One
- ME Basics 1 – Understanding the Condition
- ME Basics 2 – Systems & Phases
- Pacing – Balancing Activity & Rest
- Stress Management – Calming a Maladaptive Stress Response
- The Journey of Acceptance
- Pain Management / A GP’s Perspective
- Nutrition / Gut Health
- Restorative Movement
- Sleep / Building Your Support Network
- The Foundational Principles to Support Healing
Towards Wellness - Series Two
- Mind-Emotion Connection
- Healing vs Stressed States
- Resting as a Strength
- Expressing Your Needs
- Continuing independent group work moving forward
If you’d like to learn more about our programme, we’d love to hear from you.