Studies show that around 10–20% of people infected by COVID-19 may go on to develop long COVID.
The University of Auckland has developed a Long COVID registry. We recommend that people with Long COVID log themselves as having Long COVID in this registry.
We hope this will help us to understand
- the burden of long COVID on patients, including learning more about symptoms,
- the impact of long COVID on quality of life,
- the different pathways and possible complications to receiving diagnosis and treatment,
- the impact of long COVID on work and caregiving,
- the cost of long COVID on individuals and our wider society,
- the distribution of this burden, and
- whether the impacts improve or worsen over time.